Estate planning is much more than simply having a will. A will simply outlines who receives your estate distribution as per your wishes. An estate plan is more than just a will as it should also consider the following:
• Instructions for your care if you become disabled or unable to
care for yourself before death.
• Naming a guardian and an inheritance manager for any minor
• Providing for family members with special needs without
disrupting government benefits.
• Providing for loved ones who might be irresponsible with money
or who may need future protection from litigation, creditors or
• Providing for the transfer of your business at disability or death.
• Minimising taxes, court costs, and unnecessary legal fees.
• Being an ongoing process, not a one-time event.
Your plan should be reviewed and updated as your family and financial situations change over your lifetime.
Before you speak to your solicitor about your will, speak to your financial adviser to establish your comprehensive estate plan. Speak to us today on how we can assist you to identify what is important to you and to your estate.
Complimentary First Consultation
Your opportunity to speak with us about beginning your financial journey.